FareBot: Read Your EZLink Card Info from NFC Enabled Phone
While browsing around the net, I found this interesting app called farebot. The app allows you to view the balance and trip history of your card. I downloaded the app from Android market and as soon as it finished installing I immediately pulled out my EZlink card to test out the application. I tapped my card as instructed by the display on the app but I was only getting this beeping sound. I finally gave up but did'nt uninstall the app hoping that future updates might finally fix the problem, and then just this night I started playing with the app again and was scanning my card when it suddenly displayed the balance of my card and my recent trip history. It took quite some time of tapping and swiping my card on the back of my phone so I guess the app is not that perfect yet, It's a really simple app but I think it holds a lot of promises, as for now I'm just happy that I can view the balance of my card anytime I want.
You can check out the webpage of the developer here. If you are a developer, you can download the source code and maybe contribute to further optimize this nice little app.

Comments
Post a Comment