Got My Jelly Bean OTA Update

I finally got my Jelly Bean update notification on my phone and without wasting any more time, immediately updated my Nexus.  The update is available only over WiFi connection only. I have been waiting for this update ever since Google announced it and pressing the "Check Now" button on my phone almost every minute but nothing happens.

I have read from various forums that clearing the "Google Services Framework" sometimes does the trick and so I tried it as well, you basically just have to go to Settings>Apps,>All>Google Services Framework.  Force close the service and click on clear data then  restart the phone.  I did this steps almost 8 times before I finally received the update notification, I'm not sure if that trick really worked or it was just a coincidence.

Warning: Please proceed at your own risk when performing the above procedures, I read that some issues such as not being able to update or download apps in Google Play could occur, this however could be resolved by removing your Google account in your phone and setting it back again, download any App on Google Play to sync it to the web account.



First thing I noticed upon booting up after the update was the new splash screen, instead of the abstract glow of red and blue and all that colors, it was changed to just the red, blue,green, and yellow X.

The Unlock screen also now shows some kind of shower of dots and Google Now button (well not really button but you get what I mean).



The Google search bar has also been modified into just a grey strip with the Mic icon on the far right side.  Pressing the home button calls the Google Now button.


Lastly, I am not sure if all the Galaxy Nexus here in Singapore are also getting their updates same time as mine.  I heard that the OTA are being released first to Takju and Yakju build GNex's. Below is the build info of my phone.  I f you are not sure about the build of your Nexus, you can try this app Android System Info on Google Play.


Have fun and enjoy exploring Jelly Bean!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My First Time Using A Laundromat in Germany

Galaxy Nexus and Android 4 Finally Announced