Nexus 4 Launch Outrage


The Nexus 4 finally launched last Tuesday,November 13 at around 8:45 Am PST.  I have been waiting for the longest time for this phone to arrive so there I was on the Google Play Store website patiently waiting for the button to change from "Coming Soon" to "Add to Cart", and then the moment came.  I was so ecstatic and immediately hit the Add to Cart button for the 16GB of Nexus 4 which retails at $349 , proceeded to checkout and then everything just went gloomy. I kept getting a message saying there was an error processing your request so I keep on hitting proceed to checkout only to encounter the same error message. I tried to empty my cart, order again and the same thing happens all the time. There was even a time when my cart indicated that I have 3 Nexus devices but I was not able to checkout for payment, at one time I was finally able to make the proceed to checkout button work but then my cart said it was empty, so back to step 1 to order again but instead of an Add to Cart button, in its place was Coming Soon and Notify Me field. 

Considering how the launch in Australia and the UK went, I was not really surprised , to say the least I was already expecting it to happen. A lot of people were actually mad and as I was reading all the outrage and hate comments I can't help but just smile and sympathize with them at the same time. I experienced the same thing they experience but handled it differently. The thing is we cannot really do anything about it, it's totally beyond our control and getting mad and frustrated over it wont change a thing so just let it go, it's just a phone and it will be available again one of these days.

The Nexus page on G+ actually says:

"There’s been so much interest for the Nexus lineup that we’ve sold out of some of our initial stock in a few countries! We are working hard to add more Nexus devices to Google Play in the coming weeks to keep up with the high demand. You can learn more about Nexus devices and stay updated at play.google.com/nexus"

Though I'm not sure when this "coming weeks" actually means,  could be 2 weeks, 3 weeks, or a month, I will definitely get the Nexus 4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Time Using A Laundromat in Germany

Got My Jelly Bean OTA Update

Galaxy Nexus and Android 4 Finally Announced